Thursday, August 6, 2015

Breaking Up

I'm going through a bad breakup with someone I'm been very close to and relied on for 8 years. I didn't change, but they did, over and over again. They dumped me over Trust Issues. They said they didn't think I was being my authentic self.
It went something like this:
They asked me to confirm my name.


And so I did, that same day.

Then they forgot, and asked again.
Meanwhile, trying to reassure me of how much I mean to them.


And when I didn't respond fast enough, they broke it off.
And forgot that it was over.

I'm doing something else, sort of temporarily to figure out what I really want out of the relationship. But now I'm the one with trust issues. I may look for someone else: Instagram, Google+, Twitter... I'm also considering getting back together with my ex, blogger. We were really good together, maybe it could work?

1 comment:

Sheree said...

I also dispute that it's not a real name. The policy requires you to be your "real self", the same you from "everyday life". If >200 of your lifetime acquaintances plus another hundred that subsequently unfriended know it's you, then you're pretty fucking authentic.